2.12.2011

Deleveled

















This talented group of guys hails from Columbia, SC.  I know, I know, Columbia is not the first place you think of when you hear talented, but these guys could change all that.  When I first heard them, I listened to the song "An I Hate You Song" (which, by the way became my new anthem), and it reminded me of a Green Day song.  Although they list their favorite influences as Bon Jovi and Smashing Pumpkins, which are two amazing groups to be influenced by, the lead singer's vocals are very reminiscent of Billy Joe. 
The band has received honorable mentions since 2003 by local periodical  "Free Times".  In 2003, they received the honor of Best Local CD for the album "Later Than Usual", in 2005, the guys were voted Best Local Band, and 2006 saw them get the honor of Best Best Local CD again for the album "Keep Them Closer".  Their most recent recording, "Rock is For Lovers" is available now.  Deleveled is working on their new album, with an anticipated release date of the end of 2011.  This time around, they have recruited the talents of singer Jessica Skinner to lend her talents on a few tracks.  "Like" them on Facebook, and follow them on twitter at www.twitter.com/deleveled.  To hear "An I Hate You Song" and others, visit their website at http://www.deleveled.net/   Check the video of them performing "Billie Jean" live below.



For Bookings, contact:

jeffwpitts@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment